Thursday, March 28, 2013

What I've Been Loving | March 2013

If you haven't watched my latest video on my channel, I'll leave it embedded in this post at the end! I wanted to do a detailed review of each product I talk about in my video and answer any questions you may have. (:
The first I talk about is the New MAC Double Sided Palette that is customizable to hold different inserts. I opted for a 15 pan eyeshadow + 6 pan blush inserts. The colors I have been loving out of my new MAC Palette are:

-Nylon (yellow-white frost as an inner corner highlight and all over lid color)
-Brule (matte nude used as a under brow highlight)
-Wedge (matte light brown for the crease)
-Espresso (matte medium brown for the deep crease)
-Twinks (medium dark golden brown with bronzed shimmer for the deep crease)
-Mocha Blush (soft plum pink)
-Fleet Fast Blush (pinky golden coral) (limited edition)

Even though these MAC lipstick colors are limited edition, I would like to include them as they are what I've been using for the past month and you can find dupes of them.
-Daddy's Little Girl from the Archie's Girl collection (pink-violet) MAC Candy Yum-Yum is similar, but a touch more neon
-Love Goddess from the Marily Monroe collection (pink-red)

Ever since I have dyed my hair to a lighter brown color, I have been needing a more warm and lighter eyebrow powder. I raided my makeup collection and found an E.L.F eyebrow kit in Medium which I've been using for the past month. The duo comes with a medium warm brown and a dark brown gel, which I completely skip the latter part. I don't find the need for eyebrow gel, but I did have to hunt for a darker color to fill in the tails of my eyebrows. To get my eyebrows looking natural and to match my hair color, I use the brown shadow all over my brows and go over the tails with Dior's Brow Styler. I do have a blog post on How I Fill in my Eyebrows, click here if you'd like to read it.
Smith's Rosebud Salve is a musthave for every bag! This bad boy can be used just about anywhere, cuticles, dry patches, lips,and anything that would need moisture! I love this stuff and I use it on my son too!
Over the years I've tried so many different concealers, so many do work but they are meant for different areas of the face. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach is one I can't get enough of. The formula is just the right amount of creaminess that you can use it for both under the eyes and for the face. The slight salmon color combats the blue color of under eye circles, and the beige undertones match the color of my skin perfectly to conceal blemishes. Must have and a must try!

That is everything I have been loving in the month of March, makeup wise that is. If you would like to see what body products, app & food I've been enjoying, don't forget to watch my video as well. Thank you for watching and if you have comments on how to improve my blog and what you would like to read, let me know! x's and o's, Tree





No comments: